Top Three Things You Didn’t Know About Public Relations
Below are three things that most people do not know or do not now think of when it comes to public relations.
- According to PR Newswire, many PR departments have yet to embrace social media, but things are on an upward trend. Over the past two years, PR departments have seen 17 percent and 13 percent growth in the use of social media.
- Public Relations is one of the nation’s fastest growing professions. PR is predicted to have a 24 percent rise in employment by 2018. In the 2008-2009 school year, 4,475 students graduated with bachelor degrees in public relations.
- Public Relations benefits society. Not only does PR shape news stories but, PR also influences society’s perception of the news. According to PRSA, PR serves public good and has changed the attitudes toward many pressing social issues.
Three Blogs You Should Be Reading About Public Relations
The Cision Blog put together a list of the top 50 PR and marketing blogs and the following are a few that were interesting.
- PR Squared is number 13 on the list and is written by Todd Defren. The blog is really interesting and the use of social media throughout the blog is fun.
- PRNewser is a great source for all things PR. The blog has lots of information about pop culture, events, research and even jobs, all related to public relations.
- PR In Your Pajamas is such a helpful blog and is mostly catered to entrepreneurs. The blog is helpful in the way that it gives lots of PR tips. The blog is written by Elena Verlee and she has lots of experience with brand building.